Saturday, March 22, 2003

2003 GEAK TV ALF CUP PLAYOFFS

Well, this sucks.

I was afraid that the stupid war would fuck up my playoffs. My fears were realized Friday night when 3, count 'em, 3 playoff contenders got preempted by war coverage.

When I tuned in to my usual Friday night comedies on CBC, instead of seeing Air Farce at 8, all I got was Peter Mansbridge. At 9, An American In Canada got zonked as well. This turn of events handed wins to South Park and Made In Canada, which also got zonked, but got a win earlier in the week via a rerun. MIC would have advanced anyway by virtue of being seeded higher than AAIC.

The only question now is, will next week's new eps of 22M and MIC get zonked by war coverage, leaving them to fall back on their weekday afternoon reruns? Or will those reruns get zonked as well? The smart money is on a Shield-South Park final, as both are running new eps, and neither should be in any danger of getting preempted. But as Chris Berman always says, "That's why they play the games."

Semifinals--March 23-29:
1-This Hour Has 22 Minutes vs 4-South Park
3-The Shield vs 7-Made In Canada

Quarterfinal results:
1-This Hour Has 22 Minutes def. 9-Monk 2-0
4-South Park def. 5-Royal Canadian Air Farce 2-0
7-Made In Canada def. 18-An American In Canada 2-0
3-The Shield def. 6-The Simpsons 2-1

Meanwhile, time to unveil a new weekly feature here on the Pond...TMs Of The Week! Each week we'll have two winners, one in the Inbox division and one in the Outbox division. This week's winners:

Inbox: After sending several TMs (with no response) to Max while he was at his job on an overnight cleaning crew, he finally answered "CANT TM NOW IM USING ACID" which was followed about 10-15 seconds later by "CANT TM NOW IM USING ACID 2 CLEAN". Yeah, I was wondering how LSD would help in cleaning. I suppose the possibilities are endless. Woohoo! Toxic super freakouts!

Outbox: I was describing a dream I had earlier this week to my pals. In the dream, ALF and I went out to brunch. We had freedom toast, freedom fries with a side order of fredom onion chip dip, and freedom dip sub sandwiches. Then we went back to my place and started freedom kissing, and then, well, this brings us to the TMOTW: "THEN I FUCKED HIM IN THE ASS WEARING A FREEDOM TICKLER". (Granted, certain readers may be disturbed that I mentioned ALF in the joke. To them I say, hey, it could have been worse. Use your imagination, campers!)

No comments:

Post a Comment