Thursday, February 21, 2008

DAN IS THE MAN



I must give a huge shoutout to astronaut Daniel Tani, who returned home from the ISS this week after 4 long months in earth orbit (twice as long as scheduled) during which his mother met a most untimely death.

My mom's death was plenty tough on me, and I got to sleep in my own bed afterwards. I can't imagine how tough it must have been for Dan to be stranded in space during all that, missing the funeral and not being with his loved ones and whatnot.

Needless to say, he did the only thing he could do to cope. He kept right on doing his job up there. And given the circumstances, he did one heck of a job. (And some say there are no more heroes in this world.)

Welcome home, Dan. The Duck Pond salutes you. You are the man!

No comments:

Post a Comment