Friday, April 30, 2010

BOLF

I had one of those "Eureka!" moments today at work. I call it "Bolf".

It's a very simple concept, really. It's just bowling, but scored like golf. You bowl 10 frames, or 12 or 18 or whatever, and try to knock down all the pins in as few throws as possible. (A strike would then equal a hole-in-one, and also there would be no open frames, because in each frame you would continue to throw until you knock down all 10 pins.)

Granted, I'm a genius, but I have a hard time believing I am the first person to think of this. A brief search of the internet turned up one instance of golf being scored like bowling (well, sort of), but as far as I can tell, no idea like mine. But then, I have a hard time finding things on the internet, plus, like I say up top, the internet sucks. So if anyone knows of anyone thinking of this before me, so be it. Until then, I will go ahead and take credit for it. Not that it matters, I highly doubt there's any way for me or anyone else to make a dime from it.

Two major questions remain: First, it will require the ability to switch from automatic to manual resetting of the pins, and the willingness of the bowling alley to let you do so, which should not be a problem if you are paying for a certain amount of time on the lanes instead of a certain number of games, like some bowling alleys do for, say, glow bowling nights.

Second, does anyone have a problem with the name "Bolf"? Because I also considered "Bowlf". Or if you like, we could get silly and call it "Beowulf"!

PS: No, THIS is NOT what I'm talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment