Tuesday, February 10, 2004

A QUICKIE

Okay, don't hold your breath waiting for my Super Sunday recap, there's not much to say that hasn't already been said elsewhere. Also there was another dearth of interesting band names this past week, except for Gopherbroke.

Screw it, here's my belated Super Sunday recap, Reader's Digest version...

Game: Panthers coach John Fox should be fired. If it weren't for all that 2-point conversion nonsense the game would have gone into OT 31-31. NFL coaches just don't understand 2-point conversions. Yet another reason the CFL is way better.

Commercials: IMHO, best ad was the American Legacy Foundation (A.L.F.)'s "Shards-O-Glass Freeze Pops". Dale Jr.'s ad was very good, other Budweiser ads: yeah, whatever. Why does the very first ad always win the Ad Meter? Pepsi and Spike Lee gave props to us chubby chasers. There were too damn many movie trailers. Where's the props for Homer Simpson's ad? And oh yeah, Mike Ditka MUST DIE!

Halftime incident #1: Kid Rock caught shit for his flag pancho. If I had been there I REALLY would have caught some shit: I would've set it on fire. What, that's what you're supposed to do with a torn or damaged flag, isn't it?

Halftime incident #2: Janet's tit...WHO CARES?! I've seen better lumps in oatmeal! She's got nothing on the bodacious ta-ta's possessed by some recent chubby female friends of mine. Janet, get back to me when you're around 200# or so, k?

Halftime incident #3: The streaker just prior to the second half kickoff was actually promoting some stupid online gambling site. Lord of the Dance? I don't think so. Let's just call him Lord of No Pants!

The ensuing fallout from the Janet incident: Steve Dahl said it best...It was 2004, then Janet's breast flops out, next thing you know it's 1954 and Joe McCarthy is running around.

I'm sleepy, so I'm done for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment