Saturday, August 21, 2004

NEW FEATURE: SONGS I COULDN'T STOP LISTENING TO THIS WEEK

Hoping to make this a weekly feature. These are the tunes that helped me get through the past week, and/or just wouldn't get out of my head.

1. Barnes And Barnes--I Feel Depressed
From B&B's 1991 album "Loozanteen". Toward the end sounds kinda like the Beach Boys' "Caroline No".

2. Jimmy Eat World--My Sundown
Steve Dahl played it the other day. Can't wait to karaoke it.

3. Gomez--Nothing Is Wrong
Dahl played it a couple of weeks ago. Would have been #1 last week.

4. The Polyphonic Spree--Hold Me Now
Weird. Eerie. Sort of like the Brady Kids formed some disturbingly cheerful cult. Drink the Kool-aid!

5. Trey Parker--On Top Of You
From "Cannibal! The Musical". He's singing about his horse that ran away.

6. Letters To Cleo--Here And Now
"Thecomfortofaknowledgeofariseabovetheskyabovecouldneverparallelthechallengeofanacquistioninthe..." A challenge at karaoke. A challenge I met!

7. Blue Rodeo--Hasn't Hit Me Yet
Oldie but a goodie. I can only handle country music if it's Canadian.

8. Avril Lavigne--My Happy Ending
A good one to karaoke in my Eddie Vedder voice.

9. Lowen And Navarro--Walking On A Wire
Perennial Dahl show faves. Way underrated.

10. Sam Kinison--Are You Lonesome Tonight
Gosh I love doing this one at karaoke. Had a chance to do it for the ex but chickened out. But not next time!

Honorable mention:
Barry Williams vs Eminem--The Real Greg Brady
Rex Stiff And The Kinky Morticians--The Dead Will Rise
The Magnetic Fields--All My Little Words
The Pursuit Of Happiness--I'm An Adult Now

No comments:

Post a Comment