Saturday, August 28, 2004

SONGS I COULDN'T STOP LISTENING TO THIS WEEK

1. Bruce Hornsby--Gonna Be Some Changes Made (new entry)

Catchy as fuck. Sting sings backup. The beat reminds me very much of Nelly's "Ride Wit Me".

2. Christine Lavin--The Kind Of Love You Never Recover From (new entry)
I'm long overdue getting into her music. One of her serious songs. Made me weepy.

3. Jimmy Eat World--My Sundown (last week: #2)

4. Barnes And Barnes--I Feel Depressed (last week: #1)

5. Trey Parker--On Top Of You (last week: #5)

6. Christine Lavin--Bald Headed Men (new entry)
One of her funny songs. An anthem! We're here, we're bald, get used to it!

7. Avril Lavigne--My Happy Ending (last week: #8)

8. Sam Kinison--Are You Lonesome Tonight (last week: #10)

9. Gomez--Nothing Is Wrong (last week: #3)

10. The Magnetic Fields--All My Little Words (new entry)
Used in a memorable montage at the end of an episode of "The Shield". Makes a comeback now and then.

Honorable mention:
Blue Rodeo--It Hasn't Hit Me Yet
Christine Lavin--Damaged Goods
Christine Lavin--I Bring Out The Worst In You
Christine Lavin--If You Want Space, Go To Utah
Christine Lavin--Like Father, Like Son
Christine Lavin--Sensitive New Age Guys
Lowen And Navarro--Walking On A Wire
The Polyphonic Spree--Hold Me Now
Todd Snider--Statistician's Blues
Todd Snider--You Think You Know Somebody

PS: No band names this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment