Saturday, September 04, 2004

(Note: I've added blurbs for the songs retroactively, going back through the past 3 weeks.)

SONGS I COULDN'T STOP LISTENING TO THIS WEEK
(aka Songs I Suggest You Look For On Bearshare)

1. Matt Dusk--Two Shots Of Happy, One Shot Of Sad (new entry)

Steve Dahl played it last week. The Dusky One is my new guilty pleasure. Can't wait to karaoke his stuff.

(tie) 2. Simple Kid--Average Man (new entry)
(tie) 2. Simple Kid--Truck On (new entry)
"Average Man" was also played on Dahl last week. The Stever is a hitmaker!

4. Snackstreet Boys--I Want A Fat Babe (new entry)
Those of you I email have seen the video. I'd karaoke it but it requires two singers at times.

5. Britney Spears--Everytime (new entry)
Once again I've successfully karaoked a pop diva tune using my old reliable Eddie Vedder voice.

6. Bruce Hornsby--Gonna Be Some Changes Made (last week: #1)

7. Matt Dusk--Every Mother's Son (new entry)
The odd thing about Dusk is, he looks like a Backstreet Boy but sounds like Sinatra.

8. Bill Hicks--Chicks Dig Jerks (new entry)
Hopefully, thankfully, this one is starting to become outdated. The chicks have begun to wise up!

9. Jimmy Eat World--My Sundown (last week: #3)

10. Matt Dusk--The Theme From Loaded Gun (new entry)
If there were a new Bond movie called "Loaded Gun", and Dusk was tapped to do the song for the opening credits, this would be it. Fuckin' hilarious!

11. Simple Kid--Staring At The Sun (new entry)
An Aerosmith-style drum beat combined with a Canned Heat-style vocal? Oddly, it works.

12. Gomez--Nothing Is Wrong (last week: #9)

13. Christine Lavin--The Kind Of Love You Never Recover From (last week: #2)

14. Barnes And Barnes--I Feel Depressed (last week: #4)

15. Trey Parker--On Top Of You (last week: #5)

16. Simple Kid--Supertramps And Superstars (new entry)
Very Kinks-sounding.

17. Avril Lavigne--My Happy Ending (last week: #7)

18. Christine Lavin--Bald Headed Men (last week: #6)

19. Todd Snider--The Ballad Of The Kingsmen (new entry)
Another perennial Dahl fave and underrated singer-songwriter with both funny and serious (and sometimes in-between) material.

20. Gomez--Silence (new entry)
Good video for this one at launch.com. Between Gomez and Simple Kid, we could be witnessing a new, covert British invasion.

Honorable mention:
Barnes And Barnes--I Love To Ride The Bus
Barnes And Barnes--Love Is So Noisy
Matt Dusk--Always
Matt Dusk--Cold As Ice
Matt Dusk--Don't Go Looking
Matt Dusk--Five
Fleetwood Mac--Silver Springs
Gomez--Catch Me Up
Gomez--There It Was
Sam Kinison--Are You Lonesome Tonight
Christine Lavin--Damaged Goods
Christine Lavin--I Bring Out The Worst In You
Christine Lavin--If You Want Space, Go To Utah
Christine Lavin--Like Father, Like Son
The Magnetic Fields--All My Little Words
Simple Kid--The Commuter
Simple Kid--Hello
Todd Snider--All Of My Life
Todd Snider--Talkin' Seattle Grunge Rock Blues
Todd Snider--You Think You Know Somebody

PS: No band names this week. Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment