Tuesday, February 22, 2005

KARAOKE RECAPS

SAT FEB 19, MUTZ, 4 SONGS


Was all set to do Anthrax, but Jason (aka Satan) was a no-show, as were just about all the other 'karaoke all-stars', i.e. Bev, Levi, Noel, Sam, etc. In their place were my new comrades Erica, David and Josh, and a couple of coke fiends we all hope to never see again! Eeeeeeeeee.

The Rose--Bette Midler--For my cousin Wendy, who died the week before last, and who was singing in bars, with a band, at age 11, before there was such a thing as karaoke, belting out Benatar and the like. This was one of her faves, and it was played at her memorial service. (I know, I know, I have a tendency to sing songs for dead people. Well, if they'd stop dying on me I could take a break!)
The Saga Begins--Weird Al Yankovic--Some guy did "American Pie". Had to follow with this. Just call me Pavlov's Duck.
Daughter--Pearl Jam--Sent this one out to that homophobic moron Alan Keyes, whose daughter Maya came out last week and was prompty disowned by the brainless asswipe. "Hey hey, my my, Alan Keyes can eat shit and die!"
Detachable Penis--King Missile--D&M requested it. Micki wasn't there last week and missed it. Rave reviews once again. No one seems to care that I'm not actually singing. Whatever.

MON FEB 21, SOUTHWYCK LOUNGE, 2 SONGS
Miserable--Lit
--Went through my "Need-it's", picked this out for no particular reason, and only messed up twice. Next time, I'll nail it.
Beat Me--CustomWell within vocal range, but very tough to breathe properly through.

No comments:

Post a Comment