Tuesday, June 21, 2005

KARAOKE RECAPS: JUNE 8-20

WEDNESDAY, JUNE 8, CENTRE COURT, 5 SONGS
Green Haze--Elvis Hitler
--Didn't add anything new this time, I think I've got it down.
Schiavo--Steve Dahl--Went well considering how out-of-date it is now.
Star Wars Cantina--Mark Jonathan Davis--Duet with Noel. We do our best to fill the 56-measure break, but we got lots more to add.
NEW--Waiting On A Sunny Day--Bruce Springsteen--A rarity: A song PKE doesn't have. Yet.
One More Minute--Weird Al Yankovic--Anymore, whether or not I do this one depends on if I can get a fork.

SATURDAY, JUNE 11, MUTZ, 3 SONGS
NEW--Interstate Love Song--Stone Temple Pilots
--Heard it on the radio, pulled it out of my Need-its.
NEW--The Truth About Men--Tracy Byrd--Stole it from Doug. The truth is I blew it. Need more practice.
One More Minute--Weird Al Yankovic--I'm thinking about adding more props along with the fork...a rolodex to pull a name out of, a picture of the ex to tear in two, and maybe a little scale model of a malt shop to set on fire.

MONDAY, JUNE 13, SOUTHWYCK LOUNGE, 3 SONGS
NEW--Soul To Squeeze--Red Hot Chili Peppers
--Last of a small group of Need-its I wanted to finish off.
Green Haze--Elvis Hitler--Back by popular demand. Well, by Micki's demand, anyway.
The Long And Winding Road--The Beatles--The Drama Queen strikes again.

SATURDAY, JUNE 18, MUTZ, 2 SONGS
Arrived late due to going to Flat Rock for Schoolbus Figure 8's with the Noelomite. D-Bizzle was also late but called ahead and had someone else turn in a slip for him before he got there. Now we can truly say the little bitch phones it in. (Just kidding Dusty, you know we love ya.) Noel and I could have done the same, but we'd risk missing our turn, and besides, I personally would consider that cheating. (And I wouldn't want anyone saying I phone it in.)
NEW--How's Your Whole Family--Red Peters--The PKE book is so full of hidden treasures!
Brain Damage/Eclipse--Pink Floyd--Saw Wish You Were Here, an excellent Pink Floyd tribute band, the night before, so I had to whip out some Floydage.

MONDAY, JUNE 20, SOUTHWYCK LOUNGE, 2 SONGS
How's Your Whole Family--Red Peters
--See above.
Wish You Were Here--Pink Floyd--See above.

No comments:

Post a Comment