Tuesday, May 21, 2002

ANOTHER MAY, ANOTHER INFECTION
by Ducksoup

Strange it is that last May, I was sent to the sidelines with an inner ear infection, which left my head spinning up and down and sideways for a few weeks.

This May, it was my computer's turn. A strain of the dreaded Nimda virus befell my already iffy box. Luckily Dr. Snail and McAfee were on the case and, to paraphrase the weird old lady from "Poltergeist", "This box is cleeeeean." Still iffy, but at least clean.

Other than Peace, who may have infected me via email without knowing it, and Snail and Degauss, who networked with me the other night for some Nascar 4-play, I believe Lugnuts and Shaggy should both be in the clear. I think I emailed you two Friday, and I wasn't infected until Saturday. The virus may also have come from a page Peace indirectly directed me to about "Earth's second moon", so if you must know any details about that topic, I would recommend either NASA, Astronomy Magazine, or Sky & Telescope's web sites (addresses listed below). The sites I hit were obviously not as well-maintained and one of them was probably compromised.

Remember, if you find any .eml files in your brain, or your computer keeps falling over on its side and vomiting, one of you may have either the Nimda virus or an inner ear infection. And that's...

One To Grow On!

To search for details about "Earth's second moon", if any are available, try:
www.nasa.gov
www.astronomy.com
www.skypub.com

One of these should be able to help you...

Read More About It!

Coming up next: Schoolhouse Rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment