Thursday, April 17, 2003

STEAL THIS BLOG

A couple more thots from the protest the other day...

Mind you, most of the response was positive, or at least polite. The few obnoxious assholes do tend to stick in one's memory, however, so let's address these cretins, shall we?

First off, you gotta love how the hawk types rarely stick around to debate. Their point is usually something well thought out like "You suck!" and then VROOM! Off they go. Hey, come back, let's discuss the issue. Nope, sorry, they gotta get home in time to watch WWE Smack-off.

A couple of my other faves:

"Losers!" Excuse me, you can't lose a war if you don't fight it in the first place. So I can't lose. Besides, in a war there are no winners. So who's the real loser here?

"Get a real job!" I have a real job, but it's third shift. When I'm helping promote peace, I usually do it in my spare time. Hey, we all need a hobby.

"Go home!" Thanks, but I already AM home. I'm right here, snug as a Doug in your rug, in my very own country. AKA: ME! I am my own country, in and of myself. These 290 pounds of bone and blood and meat are my country. And I cannot and will not ever be conquered, overthrown or annexed. Ah, home sweet home.

Then there was the drunken frat boy (go fig) who kept yelling "George Bush!" in much the same way one might yell "Go Marlins!" Yeesh. Guess it's the way CNN etc. cover the war as if it were a sporting event. "Here's Howie Long to analyze Iraq's secondary." Which pushover opponent is next? It's as if Ohio State's schedule this year was nothing but high school teams.

But the most disturbing comment I heard that day? "I support war!" Um, yeah. Look, even though I disagree either way, it's one thing to say you support the war, or a war, or this particular war. I hear that a lot. But you are achieving a whole new level of mental illness when you say you "support war". So, you mean, you like war in general, as a basic concept? Hmm, interesting. You might want to seek professional help, Bubba.

Anyhoo, whatever. So Napoleon drove Snowball off the farm. Whatever. Take a peek in the window of the farmhouse in a few weeks and get back to me.

As the Pearl Jam lyric says in the song "Bushleaguer", "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."

That's all for now. Peace, out!

No comments:

Post a Comment