Thursday, March 04, 2004

"ELITE 8", DAY 4

2003 CARL SAGAN AWARD (BEST MOVIE OF THE YEAR)
Since I seldom go to the cineplex, I had to expand this category to include movies that had been released in previous years, but that I was seeing for the first time. As was the case with Pootie Tang, my Movie Of The Year for 2003 was actually released in 2001. But unlike Pootie, this one never played in my area.
Winner: Mulholland Drive
This one hit so close to home for me in certain aspects that it will haunt me for the rest of my days. It's one hell of a puzzler that's even better the second or third time you see it. Suffice to say David Lynch is a fuckin' genius! Jonathon Valin wrote an excellent plot summary BUT I STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU WATCH THE MOVIE AT LEAST ONCE BEFORE READING THE SUMMARY, then watch it again. Now, you might not have the patience that I do to let the film confuse the hell out of you, but trust me it's more fun that way. Don't be afraid, there's two steaming hot lesbian scenes that will help it go down (pun unintended, there's none of that, sadly) much easier. I must admit, I've never gotten off on a non-X-rated lesbian scene like I did here. (Expect Naomi Watts on my next celebrity crush list.)
Previous winners: 2002--Pootie Tang, 2001--Freddy Got Fingered, 2000--Cast Away, 1999--South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut, 1998--Orgazmo, 1997--Contact, 1996--Project: ALF

Tomorrow: Best Catch Phrase Of The Year

2003 SONG OF THE YEAR TOP 16 CONTENDERS:
(in alphabetical order)
All My Life--Foo Fighters
All The Things She Said--t.A.T.u.
Angry White Boy Polka--Weird Al Yankovic
At The Mall--Pansy Division
Genius In France--Weird Al Yankovic
He Whipped My Ass In Tennis, Then I Fucked His Ass In Bed--Pansy Division
Hey Superman--Dirty Power
Hit That--The Offspring
LSD--Dirty Power
No Protection--Pansy Division
One Thing--Finger Eleven
One With Everything--Styx
Outside--Staind
Spiral--Pansy Division
Thumbing My Way--Pearl Jam
Trouble--Coldplay

SONGS 17 THRU 32:
17-Potato's In The Paddy Wagon--The New Main Street Singers
18-Hurt--Johnny Cash
19-She Hates Me--Puddle Of Mudd
20-One More Time--Mitch & Mickey
21-Rock It--Master P
22-Wanna B UR Lovr--Weird Al Yankovic
23-Going In The Right Direction--Robert Randolph & The Family Band
24-Love Thing/Bass Solo--Joe Satriani/Stuart Hamm
25-Stupid Girl--Cold
26-Never Did No Wanderin'--The Folksmen
27-Closer To Free--Arthur Kill
28-Nookie--Limp Bizkit
29-So Far Away--Staind
30-Open Your Mind--Arthur Kill
31-Together--Styx
32-Faint--Linkin Park

No comments:

Post a Comment