Thursday, January 20, 2005

KARAOKE RECAPS

SAT JAN 15, MUTZ, 4 SONGS

NEW--Polk Salad Annie--Tony Joe White--Dahl played some TJW recently, this is the only TJW that PKE has, so I took it on. Wanted to be sure to get the grunts right. I did, but that was about it.
Tuesday's Gone--Lynyrd Skynyrd
NEW--American Idiot--Green Day--Stole the slip. I think I did good except for breathing right. On the line "I'm not part of a redneck agenda" I changed "redneck" to "red state".
Take Me Out--Franz Ferdinand--Had 3 songs picked out to finish on, I took a vote among my comrades, this won.

MON JAN 17, SOUTHWYCK LOUNGE, 3 SONGS

NEW--You Get What You Give--New Radicals--Felt compelled to try it for some reason. Did a so-so job. The high notes are tricky and that whole bit at the end about Hanson and Marilyn Manson etc. is nearly impossible.
NEW--White Houses--Vanessa Carlton--Heard it on Dahl. She has a cute voice, and she's singing about losing her virginity, which makes it even hotter. I, of course, had to perform a sex-change on the lyrics, and to make it fit my own experience.
Fake Plastic Trees--Radiohead--See Ducksoup defy the laws of physics! Hear him sing notes of dizzying heights! And all without a safety net!

WED JAN 19, CENTER COURT, 1 SONG

Fat Girls--Ducksoup--Took another shot. I think the problem is that not enough people know the original. I might have to re-apply the concept to a more well-known song. That or just memorize "Baby Got Back", but so many people sing that that it's lost its impact. What's a chubby-chasing karaokaholic to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment