Saturday, August 23, 2008

MR. COLOREDWELL

Hi there! Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Mr. Coloredwell, and I am the Duck Pond's resident sports fashion police chief. And first of all let me say that I am sooooo happy to see Argentina's soccer team defend their Olympic men's title! Is there another team in all of sports that is better-dressed than those luscious latinos? I think not!


[Photo courtesy of CBC Sports]

That's Angel Di Maria, who scored the lone goal in the Olympic final vs. Nigeria, who looked just horrible in a head-to-toe shade of green that looked like a pine tree threw up! Puhleeze Nigeria, would it hurt you to add a second color to your unis? Even the Irish team doesn't wear that much green!

Argentina, however, has THE definitive soccer uniform. Those light blue and white stripes are of course very slimming, and the black shorts fabulously accentuate the light and refreshing Argentine flag motif above.

Anyhoo, you'll be hearing more from me this fall, as Ducky has finally gotten around to bringing me aboard to judge his inaugural NFL's Best-Dressed competition. I will be picking the better-dressed team in each and every NFL game this season.

Attention, San Diego Chargers: break out those throwback uniforms! This time it counts!

See you in a few weeks...till then, toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment