Thursday, October 14, 2004

WEEKLY KARAOKE RECAP (OCT. 8-11)

Note: I've compiled a virtually complete list of all the songs I've ever sung at karaoke. The link is at right under "Picks To Click".

FRIDAY, MUGZIE'S, 8 SONGS

Evenflow, Pearl Jam--Still coming down off the PJ show.
Bittersweet Symphony, The Verve--Even the shortened version is too long.
Great Balls Of Fire, Jerry Lee Lewis--On my slip I wrote simply "Great Balls".
Rain, The Beatles--Because it was raining when I arrived. Gotta get some more Beatles tunes under my belt.
Hunger Strike, Temple Of The Dog--Just as I thought, I need a second singer in future to do the Chris Cornell parts.
I'm Your Captain/Closer To Home, Grand Funk Railroad--One of those songs I could always sing perfectly in the car. At karaoke...(shrug)
Volcano, Jimmy Buffett--Done as a shout-out to Mt. St. Helen's.
Vasectomy, Steve Dahl--Someone did "Close To You", so I decided to take a run at the classic Dahl parody thereof.

SATURDAY, MUTZ, 10 SONGS

Inside Out, Eve 6--Tough to breathe through, but otherwise okay.
Vaseline, Stone Temple Pilots--Exercising the mid-range. My Scott Weiland is right on. Can't wait to do some Velvet Revolver.
Oh Pretty Woman, Roy Orbison--Recycled from someone else. Surprised even myself by nailing this, including the growl.
It's No Good, Depeche Mode--I sort of combined the DM version with the Arthur Kill version. I was very happy with the result. Shoulda done this months ago.
Shaving Cream, Benny Bell--Took back my comedic throne from my friendly archrival Sam, who was exceptionally drunk.
Everytime, Britney Spears--Sam had the nerve to put in "My Happy Ending" by Avril Lavigne. Bastid! But I gave him the go-ahead. But being way too drunk, he sucked big time. So I followed with my Britney and put him in his place.
Behind Blue Eyes, The Who--Heard the Limp Bizkit version in between singers. I prefer the Who version. Has always been one of my best.
Hole Hearted, Extreme--I was a bit worried, but my mid-range didn't let me down.
Float On, Modest Mouse--Dancin' Sarah (Sam's GF) stole this one from me weeks ago. She was absent this week, so I took it back, and nailed it. Mine mine mine! Crowd pleaser.
Sweet Emotion, Aerosmith--Tough to hold the long notes, but the rest of it is too easy. Another crowd pleaser.

MONDAY, SOUTHWYCK LOUNGE, 2 SONGS

I Don't Like Mondays, The Boomtown Rats--Well, duh. Painfully obvious choice. Just needs a bit of work and I'll nail it.
One More Minute, Weird Al Yankovic--Micki requested it, one of her faves. I gotta keep this and the other Weird Al ballad in my regular rotation. Especially when they're relevant.

Woohoo! There's a good chance they might let me run the Saturday show at Mutz this week! Keep the body parts of your choice crossed for me, campers!

No comments:

Post a Comment