Tuesday, November 23, 2004

WEEKLY KARAOKE RECAP (NOV 19-22)

Ouch. Short week. Only 11 songs total. I used to could do almost twice that at Mugzie's. :(

FRIDAY, JALAPENO'S, 4 SONGS

Away From The Sun--3 Doors Down, Daughter--Pearl Jam, Just A Gigolo--David Lee Roth, Mother--Pink Floyd

Yes, I know. I didn't notice it until I got home: I did "Mother" and "Daughter". Weird. Anyway, twas a bit of an off night for me. Missy came along, she wanted me to do "Mr. Roboto" but she was set on leaving around 12 so I never got to it, nor did I get to try working the room with "You Don't Love Me Anymore". Worst part was seeing that they built a DJ cage which cut the size of the stage in freakin' half! Plus you can't see the singer from where we sat! SUCKS!

SATURDAY, MUTZ, 5 SONGS

Turn The Page--Bob Seger, NEW--Insensitive--Jann Arden, Oh Pretty Woman--Roy Orbison, You Don't Love Me Anymore--Weird Al Yankovic, You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'--The Righteous Brothers

Jann Arden was on "Rick Mercer's Monday Report" last week, and looking way hot. (She's kinda got "The Build"...yummmmmy) Looked her up on Bearshare Saturday morning, found "Insensitive" and started practicing it. Had to use the EVV but not bad. Other than that, obviously I stuck to my aces. Seger I'm nailing, Orbison I'm nailing, and of course worked the crowd very well with the Weird Al. Last line target this week: Lester. (PS: Forgot I did the Righteous Bros as a duet with Fat Bastard.)

MONDAY, SOUTHWYCK LOUNGE, 2 SONGS

One More Minute--Weird Al Yankovic, Outside (acoustic version)--Aaron Lewis & Fred Durst

Stuck to the aces again in case I was being scouted. A good night, nailed 'em both perhaps the best I've ever nailed 'em. Now, if I had had enough time, I would have done either "Oh Pretty Woman" or "One Thing" third, which would have made it three "O" songs on the night for a tic-tac-toe. Alas it was not to be. (Mind you, normally I like to be X, but there's only 2 "X" songs in the book.)

No comments:

Post a Comment