Thursday, June 12, 2008

THE TREASURE OF THE ARCHIVO ROJO (EPISODE 2)

Time to dip into the good old Red Folder full of goofy shit from my past.

Today we travel back to my days at Job Corps (1984-85). There was this fellow corpsmember of mine by the name of Scott Haden. I didn't know him that well actually, but I did get to read a lot of short stories and essays and things that he had written back in school. It was quality weirdness, so I typed up copies of all of it and they ended up in the Red Folder. This first item of his that I will share with you is a short piece titled "Revenge":

REVENGE by Scott Haden

Here I am just standing here having a fool made out of myself, letting all these people do what they want to me. It's very humiliating. Being a shoe is not easy. Having to hold up 150 lbs. every day, it's a drag. For instance, just the other day me and my owner were walking through this cow pasture when...well, I guess you know what's next. But anyway he starts griping about it, and here I am, every bit of cow CENSORED on me. Man did I get mad. I wanted to make him trip so bad that I did, and you'll never guess where...well, let's just say that he has something to gripe about now.

The End

Next time from the Archivo Rojo: Scott Haden's "Straight Curve"

No comments:

Post a Comment