Saturday, September 27, 2008

MONARCH RELEASE 2008 PICS

Here are my picks for the top ten photos from this year's Monarch release...

#1 Monarch on sunflower (photo by Lori Anderson)

Kudos to my friend Lori for some damn fine butterfly-on-flower pics. I immediately used this one for a puzzle at JigZone.com.

#2 High five (photo by Lori Anderson)

I guess I don't look too hideous here, posing with our little three-legged pal we named after Dale Earnhardt.

#3 They're off! (photo by Lori Anderson)

Snapped plenty of shots of the actual release, but this is my fave. I like how they seem to be contained in that one cloud.

#4 Monarch taking a drink (photo by Lori Anderson)

You gotta look close, but you can see it sipping. This would also make a good puzzle.

#5 What are you doing with that Monarch on your nose? (photo by Lori Anderson)

That's little Earnhardt the Monarch again, here you can tell his right front leg is missing. He sat on my nose for maybe a half hour. After a while, I did feel a bit like Johnny Carson with the marmoset on his head.

#6 Grrr... (photo by Lori Anderson)

Looks like I was growling, but I didn't want to breathe on him and scare him away, so I had to talk out of the side of my mouth.

#7 Another good puzzle pic (photo by Lori Anderson)

Seriously, props to Lori again. JigZone is gonna love these.

#8 Never mind the big guy, look at me! (photo by Lori Anderson)

Little E was a real showoff. Total camera hog. He hung out with us for probably a whole hour striking various poses.

#9 Staring contest! (photo by Lori Anderson)

Not exactly a fair fight. Little E has a lot more eyes.

#10 "I'm the new Berlin Wall, baby...try and tear ME down!" (photo by Lori Anderson)

Okay, truth is I include this one only because it reminds me so much of the opening shot in "Hedwig And The Angry Inch". Case in point:

Hedwig in cape (photo NOT by Lori Anderson)


Current Duck Pond temperature:
23.6 C / 74.4 F

No comments:

Post a Comment