Tuesday, December 21, 2004

KARAOKE RECAP: MONDAY, DEC. 20, SOUTHWYCK LOUNGE, 4 SONGS

NEW--Fake Plastic Trees--Radiohead--Was compelled to try it. Dunno why. Coulda gone an octave lower, but I just get tired of myself and my EVV sometimes. So I took a chance and went high where the real vocal is. Voice cracked once or twice where it shouldn't, but otherwise I did good. I think next shot at this I'll nail it.
My Way--Frank Sinatra--Duet with Sir Bob ("My liege!"). Gave him the low verses while me and my EVV took the high bridges. He didn't think he could do it, but he did damn good. Face it, Sinatra's singing skills are overrated.
Here Comes The Sun--The Beatles--To mark the winter solstice. Last week I woulda had to change it to "There Goes The Sun".
Dixie Rose Deluxe's...--Trent Willmon--It was this or "Tuesday's Gone". This was shorter and I had to leave for work. Can still nail it without looking at the words.

No comments:

Post a Comment