Wednesday, December 01, 2004

WEEKLY KARAOKE RECAP (NOVEMBER 27-29)

Very truncated week. I would have gone to Mutz Thursday but they were closed. Friday I was too tired to have to bike home from Jalapeno's, so I stayed home, watched my CBC shows, then ALF's Hit Talk Show, then passed out to rest up for Saturday.

SATURDAY, MUTZ, 2 SONGS
Ran the show. 45 singers. Once I got past an initial technical problem, things ran smoothly.

Outside (live acoustic version)--Aaron Lewis & Fred Durst--Was a little rattled from the tech snafu, and it showed. Kinda shaky.
Hunger Strike--Temple Of The Dog--Talked comrade Jason into doing the Chris Cornell part. Started a bit iffy but finished strong.

MONDAY, SOUTHWYCK LOUNGE, 3 SONGS
Bizarro week: Got more songs in Monday than Saturday.

Hurt--Johnny Cash--A slow one to start. It was in my head as I walked there.
Walkin' 'Round In Women's Underwear--Bob Rivers--Tis the season. After this past Halloween, this song takes on a whole new meaning for me! Usually a duet with Doug but he made me go solo this time.
Amber--311--Came up on the in-between rotation, you know how it is. I'm still not happy with it but it's still better than my other 311 attempts.

No comments:

Post a Comment