Tuesday, December 07, 2004

WEEKLY KARAOKE RECAP

FRIDAY, JALAPENO'S, 2 SONGS

Insensitive--Jann Arden--Fittingly sad, of course. "I fell too fast, I feel too much..." No shit, Sure-lick.
Runaway Train--Soul Asylum--Another sad song, but this one I had to do simply because Steve Dahl played it a few days before, and when I get a song stuck in my head like that there's only one thing to do. (Before it vanishes, I highly recommend listening to last Wednesday's Dahl show, about 3 hours 20 minutes in. Steve does an acoustic version of the song with Dave Pirner of Soul Asylum. Very funny and very good.)

SATURDAY, MUTZ, 4 SONGS

Took my new lady friend to karaoke for a second time. The first time I strayed from my A material, thus she wasn't overly impressed, so this time I wanted to bring out at least one or two of my big guns.

Walkin' Round In Women's Underwear--Bob Rivers--A December must-sing.
Outside--Staind--Went back to the original for the first time in a long time. I wanted to belt it out. I think lady friend was impressed.
What's New Pussycat--Tom Jones--One for lady friend. Hope I didn't embarrass you, dear.
You Don't Love Me Anymore--Weird Al Yankovic--She left early, so I was free to work the ladies in the crowd. (I know, I'm a scumbag.) Toward the end some guy nearby was not quite heckling but just being kinda loud and obnoxious, so he became the last line target. Also I added to my primal scream on the last note by collapsing onto the floor. Hey, it was a long and eventful night.

MONDAY, SOUTHWYCK LOUNGE, 2 SONGS

Runaway Train--Soul Asylum--This was still stuck in my head so I kicked things off with it.
Walkin' Round In Women's Underwear--Bob Rivers--Tis the season. Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment