Saturday, December 18, 2004

KARAOKE RECAPS (DEC 8-15)

Note: Got to catch up on recaps. So here's the current backlog. From now on, I'll try my best to post each appearance individually.

WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 8, CENTER COURT, 4 SONGS

And the addiction begins to take a stranglehold on me. Added Wednesday to the sked. Only had time for 1 song last week ("Marijuanaville" [see footnote], forgot to add it to last week's recap. Short-term memory failure!), but this week I got there earlier.

NEW--Slither--Velvet Revolver--Doug paid $20 to get this for me, and says I damn well better sing it. So this was a chance to practice it.
If I Had $1,000,000--Barenaked Ladies--Someone else did this so I offered to do the 2nd vocal part.
Outside--Aaron Lewis & Fred Durst--Turned out to be some fucked up shortened version, so I'm not even counting it.
Fuck It--Eamon--Not really in my range, by the end I had to do a Frankie Valli voice to stay in key. ("Fuck what I said, it don't mean shit now...Sheeeeerrrrrry baaaaabyyyyy!") Odd.
NEW--Drinkin' Bone--Tracy Byrd--Been planning on stealing this from Doug for weeks. Chance to practice. Piece o' cake. Muwahahahaaa!

[Footnote: Due to my strong personal beliefs, I wish to stress that my performance of the song "Marijuanaville" in no way endorses the activities described therein.]

Note: I passed on Jalapeno's Friday. Too tired, and too far to get home. Besides, Friday night is ALF's Hit Talk Show night!

SATURDAY, DECEMBER 11, MUTZ, 4 SONGS
Drinkin' Bone--Tracy Byrd--Time to piss Doug off and officially steal it. Someone told me later that I did it better. Muwahahahaaa!
Slither--Velvet Revolver--Time to appease Doug by giving him his 20 bucks worth.
Float On--Modest Mouse--Dancin' Sarah returned this week, she usually sings this, but never heard me do it.
NEW--The Distance--Cake--Finally got around to this one. Was inspired by the Earnhardt movie playing on the telly.

MONDAY, DECEMBER 13, SOUTHWYCK LOUNGE, 2 SONGS

Insensitive--Jann Arden--Decided to play nice.
NEW--Cumbersome--Seven Mary Three--Heard it at CC, thot I'd try it. Not bad.

WEDNESDAY, DEMCMBER 15, CENTER COURT, 3 SONGS
Take Me Out--Franz Ferdinand--Making this one my own.
Float On--Modest Mouse--I really like the parts where I'm actually supposed to let my voice crack. Takes SO much pressure off.
Suck On My Cock--John Valby--Had to practice it for Saturday. Or just in case they don't let me do it Saturday. At least I can do it at CC, the crowd there loved it.

Note: Passed on Jalapeno's again. See previous note.

No comments:

Post a Comment