Wednesday, May 21, 2008

MICE ON LARRY

Cathy Crowell Webb died last week at age 46 after a 6-year battle with breast cancer. She is known for falsely accusing Gary Dotson of rape in 1977, an accusation she recanted 8 years later. Subsequent hearings on the case later resulted in Dotson becoming the first person in U.S. history to be exonerated by DNA evidence. Click here to read an excellent summary of the case.

After that I highly recommend going to Dahl.com where you can hear the classic song Steve Dahl recorded about the case, "11x3" (titled after the size of an underwear stain which you will learn more about in that aforementioned summary). The song was always one of my favorites even though it didn't all make sense to me, since I was never really familiar with the case. Then I read the summary and sure enough, everything mentioned in the song is in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment