Wednesday, August 07, 2002

I see that several advertisers are choosing not to run ads September 11. Whatever. Let's go to the scoreboard...

Pepsi will not run ads September 11. Score a win for the terrorists.
Budweiser will not run ads September 11. Score another win for the terrorists.
Dell will not run ads September 11. Hey, that means 24 hours with no "Dell Dude". Score a win for EVERYBODY!

Hey Dell, why don't you stop running your ads altogether while you're at it?

And what's with this stupid phrase, "the first anniversary of September 11"? For as long as I can remember, there's been a September 11 every year. If I can find any old calendars lying around, I'll bet dollars to donuts none of them ever skipped from the 10th to the 12th. Now I don't want to go off on a rant here, but it seems to me if you idiots really wanted to pay tribute to the dead, you'd go on with business as usual. That's what I'll be doing that day. How weird will that be? Yours truly, the most anti-American person you're likely to run across, will be doing the most pro-American thing possible that day. Now that's fucking strange! But as anti-American as I am, I'm also anti-terrorist, so you won't see me allowing my daily routine to be disrupted by a bunch of plane-hijacking clayheads. But hey, you loser Yanks do whatever you want.

And why do I get the feeling that lots of workplaces will be scheduling "minutes of silence" on 9/11? If you've got any brains, you'll do like me and keep right on working through it. A minute of silence serves no practical purpose. It won't bring anyone back from the dead. Trust me, I know. I took time off work when my brother died, and when my mom died, and I left work as soon as I heard about Earnhardt. Didn't bring any of them back.

I am now, always have been, and always will be, my own country. So don't ever mistake me for an American or I'll be pissed. But I can tell you this, if I were an American, I'd do like Steve Dahl said: I'd go to Ground Zero on 9/11 and hold a groundbreaking ceremony to start construction on putting those towers back up exactly like they were. (Well, okay, not exactly. I think I'd improve the fireproofing this time around.) When pseudo-President Bush shows up there that morning, I'd hand him a shovel. "Here, you lazy fuck. If you're not gonna be in the office today, you might as well make yourself useful. Now start digging, you fucking retard!"

No comments:

Post a Comment